How to Use Icefilms

Prairie DogThis information was originally in the forum’s members only section. I’m moving it over to the blog, so everyone can access the instruction.

You have to use Firefox. It’s possible to use other browsers, but it’s simpler with Firefox.

Step by Step Instruction:

1. Install the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox.

Install Greasemonkey

After restarting Firefox, if you see a smiling monkey at the bottom right corner of you browser, you’re all set.

2. Install Script

Go here and click the Install button

Once you see the dialog box pop up, click on Install.
The monkey at the bottom right corner should tell you if it’s installed properly.

3. Install DivX Web Player

Download from links below and install.

For Windows – Download version 1.5. The latest version from DivX won’t work.
For Mac – Download.

Thanks to nevermore669

4. That’s it.

Now just go to Icefilms and watch away!

Don’t get confused by the ads to the right side of the screen. You simply select the source (doesn’t matter which; choose another link if one doesn’t work). After a couple changes of screens, you should see a play button. Press and it will start to play. It may buffer a little at the beginning, but it will smooth out.

I get real good speeds most of the time.

It helps to create a free account with Megaupload. You get shorter wait time and slightly more reliable speeds.

Just a Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages. Use at your own risk. ^^;

Related Posts:

This entry was posted in Online Video and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*   -Do not use your website or company name.

Rules:

1. Do not spam. Akismet does an excellent job of catching spam.
  2. Omit "www." and "http://" in your comment. We don't want people clicking on scam sites.

Powered by sweet Captcha

14 Comments

1. Tom says:

When I try to watch movies, I get a page that says I should create an account. Then they ask for payment information while saying I won’t be charged. Is this typical?

2. jbrias says:

You mention Firefox. Do these add-ons also work on Chrome or IE9?

• KVNPark says:

I believe it’s possible but not as easy as Firefox. Icefilms has changed quite a bit over the past year. Go to their website and see FAQs and guides. You should be able to find some info there.

3. Dayna says:

They don’t use DivX player anymore, they want you to use FLV and download this and download that and I still can’t figure it out way too much messing around

• KVNPark says:

Since Megaupload’s demise, Icefilms hasn’t been the same. But sometimes, the regular Flash player just works. I haven’t used it much recently though.

4. andy says:

Step 2 doesn’t work for me.
    After I click the green INSTALL button, all I get is a page of computer script.
    No pop-up box or monkey appears.

5. Sam says:

Thank you so much for your tutorial! It is people like yourselves who make the internet so enjoyable and worth spending time on.

Thanks,
    Sam

6. broseph says:

To the kid who lost his western union money to the “bath salt” company in Africa. You are a complete idiot. For those that don’t know (or want to know), bath salts are a code term for a drug called MDMA, also known as Extacy. Yes, you can buy this in the US. It looks like the Nigerians have caught on to this plight in America and have created ghost companies to mimick “bath salt” companies. You will never see your money again, and you can forget about your Extacy, you won’t get that either. Don’t do drugs. I worry about the future of america sometime because of idiots like yourself

7. nevermore669 says:

Hi,

(If I may…)

You forgot the divx webplayer!

If you already have the latest divx webplayer installed, you may or may not have issues viewing streaming divx on icefilms (and elsewhere). The recommended versions are 1.4.2beta2 and 1.5 for windows, and 1.4 for mac (though personally, I think mac users should just stick to using vlc).

If you attempt to load a video and get a continuous buffer but no video, or a “this is not a divx file” error, chances are it’s the newer webplayer.

If you find you have problems, vlc is an excellent simple solution (get it at videolan.org), and there is a tutorial in the icefilms forum’s Tutorial section that will show you how to stream (so you don’t have to download it first, to watch it) with vlc on your desktop.

Just make sure you go to icefilms.info (just like the link above) and not to a counterfeit site with the icefilms name.

Happy streaming!

Nevermore

• KVNPark says:

Ah.. You’re right. I totally forgot. I wrote about it in the other article and forgot to write it here as well.

Thanks for pointing it out.

8. Mumbai says:

Nice Post, Grease Monkey is a really nice plugin for Firefox

• Recent Discussions

• User AvatarR. Germain "You need to add these websites as well because they are scam sites theredkicks.com and retrokicks.com are both ran by ..." – Dec 20, 4:42 PM
    • User AvatarJaden "Something called 'Housetap' computer equipment and services out of California recently got flagged by my bank trying to charge me ..." – Dec 19, 12:00 PM
    • User AvatarSamuelKT "We have ordered and paid for cellphones after numerous (14 approx) emails of enquiry to ascertain the credibility of said ..." – Dec 18, 9:32 AM
    • User AvatarCandice Dillen "Should add - they are a fraudulent Chinese UGGs site. I have reported them to Ugg Australia as a counterfeit ..." – Dec 17, 9:31 AM
    • User AvatarCandice Dillen "Set up a few days ago bootsmeukstore. co.uk." – Dec 17, 9:29 AM
    • User AvatarS Stukes "Is shine.shopclass ics.com and foryoubestgoods @outlet.com scam websites. I ask bkz they advertise Michael Kors products made of Saffiano leather and come ..." – Dec 17, 7:27 AM
    • Generated by BWP Recent Comments.
  • Announcements

I'm not able to maintain this site as actively as before. Please help each other with investigating suspicious sites if I'm not able to answer posted questions. Thanks.

Scam Websites Lists: